Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Fight for Democracy, Part 11: See Something, Say Something

I’m a liberal. Make that a Liberal. That means a large percentage of the population writes off what I say without a second thought. Most Conservatives will never be moved by what a Liberal says and it’s probably pointless to even try. But I’m not trying to reach the masses. I’m here talking to my friends.

Anyone who actually knows me knows the thought and reason that goes into my arguments and the background, education, and intelligence that I bring to bear on everything I discuss. Some of those friends are conservative, or at least more conservative than I am. I believe that those friends are also disgusted with our current President and the Congress that supports him. I also think that many of those people don’t know what to do about it.

I’m sure some of them will vote for Democrats, especially if they expect the Dem to win anyway. Or maybe not vote at all, counting on others to make the tough decisions. But that really isn’t enough. As I’ve mentioned before and will mention again, our only alternatives at this point are to suffer through this administration and follow it further down into the abyss of racial animus, corrupt power, and authoritarian tendencies, or to give power to Democrats to serve as a check on the corruption and evil. Everyone needs to say where they stand.

So if you’re a disillusioned Republican, or maybe a conservative independent who feels no loyalty to either Party, or maybe just a closeted Democrat who lives in conservative circles, you need to speak up. You need to argue for what you know is right. You don’t need to listen to my arguments, you don’t need to repeat them - make your own arguments, use your own experience and ideology to prove your points. Use whatever power you have for good, otherwise you are supporting evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My world, my rules. Feel free to comment. I welcome dissent. I feel free to delete at my whim.